Open Heminephrectomy in Unilateral Duplex Collecting System and Complete Ureteral Duplication with Poorly Functioning Upper Pole: A Case Report
Asian Journal of Case Reports in Surgery,
Aim: We report the results and experience of the Moewardi Hospital to do Physical Examination with Narcose and Heminephrectomy For Surgical Treatment Procedures Double Collecting System
Materials and Methods: Reported a 2 years old girl with double collecting system ren right with hydronephrosis upper moiety right (minimal function) + dextra hydroureter + ureterocele dextra and diagnosis of complications of chronic cystitis ureter and UK fitted. Furthermore, retrograde pyelography (RPG) was performed to obtain information on which ureteral estuary originated from superior moiety (pole) and inferior renal moiety as well as evaluation of whether or not a per-endoscopic incision was required and the boundaries of the area to be heminephrectomy. Furthermore, a heminephrectomy was planned in the upper moiety right area.
Results: Radiological examination is known to have a role in determining the presence or absence of ureteral duplication and can be done since the prenatal period. Ultrasound examination at about 20 weeks of gestation can detect the presence or absence of abnormalities in the fetal urinary tract. superior polus heminephrectomy in a system with duplicated malfunctioning, through laparoscopic ureteric ligation, or ureteral reimplantation if renal function remains good is the best management in children or patients with symptoms to resolve symptoms such as incontinence, prevent complications and maintain renal function.
Conclusion: The double collecting system is a form of congenital abnormality of the urinary system. Radiological examination is known to have a role in determining the presence or absence of duplication of the ureter and can be done since the prenatal period. Management is carried out based on the symptoms experienced by the patient and by looking at kidney function. Ureteroneocystostomy is the definitive surgical management of vesicoureteral reflux caused by ureteral duplication. If there is a case of a double collectivus system and with an ectopic ureter, then the procedure that can be given is a distal ureteroureterostomy through a laparostomy on a double J stent.
- double collecting system
How to Cite
2. Marieb E dan Keller S. Essentials of human anatomy & physiology. Edinburgh Gate: Pearson Education Limited; 2018.
3. Hickling D, Sun T-T, dan Wu X-R. Anatomy and physiology of the urinary tract: Relation to host defense and microbial infection. Microbiol Spectrum. 2015 3(4):UTI-0016-2012.
4. Chao TT, Dashe JS. Duplicated collecting system. Obstetric imaging: Fetal diagnosis and care. 2018;50–53.e1.
5. Scantling D, Ross C, dan Altman H. A 52-year-old male with bilaterally duplicated collecting systems with obstructing ureteral stones: A case report. Current Urol. 2013;7(2):104-106.
6. Regragui S, dan Slaoui A.. Unilateral bifid ureter. Pan African Med J. 2016;25.
7. Macchi E, Giorlando F, Recaldini C, Leonardi A, dan Fugazzola C. Duplex collecting system in a pelvic kidney – An unusual combination. J Radiol Case Reports. 2017;11(12):8-15.
8. Didier R, Chow J, Kwatra N, Retik A, dan Lebowitz R. The duplicated collecting system of the urinary tract: embryology, imaging appearances and clinical considerations. Pediatric Radiology. 2017;47(11):1526-1538.
9. Tang M, Arachchi A, Mehdipour R, Mataj A, dan Briggs C. Unilateral duplex ureter. Int J Anat Var. 2018;11(2):51-52.
10. Le H-K dan Chiang G. Long-term management of ureterocele in duplex collecting systems: Reconstruction implications. Curr Urol Rep. 2018;19(2):14.
11. Duicu C, Kiss E, Simu I, dan Aldea C. A rare case of double-system with ectopic ureteral openings into vagina. Front Pediatr. 2018;6:176.
12. Smith J, Howards S, Preminger G, dan Dmochowski R. Hinman’s atlas of urologic surgery4th Edition. Philadelphia: Elsevier; 2018.
Abstract View: 48 times
PDF Download: 17 times